This Friday my friends and I headed to the beach after our classes. Luckily for us, we all got out relatively early, so around 1 PM we packed our things and headed to Walmart so we could buy food, sunscreen, a beach umbrella (waste of money), a football, and water. We did snack a bit, and I think we went a little overboard with the food and water, but it’s all good, because next time we know not to bring that much. We finally left Walmart around 2 and hit the road. Since we live in Orlando we had to make the hour-long drive to the beach. We finally arrived at 3:10 and it was a really fun day. Here is a list of things that happened that day.
1. The Whole Umbrella Situation – I am fairly tan as it is, and sometimes I don’t like getting too dark, so I did what any person would do, I bought a beach umbrella. I was so excited to use it and be all cute under it, but that was not the case at all. First of all, these umbrellas should really come with instructions, because it would not stay put. It was noisy and was shaking, and It could literally fly out any moment. I ended up looking like a sloth just so I could use the beach umbrella.
2. Sand Storms – It was a windy day at the beach and sand was flying everywhere. It landed in our food, it got in our eyes and in our hair. It was awful.
3. We Basically Almost Died – Whenever I’m at the beach, I try to make it a point to get in the water at least once. Samantha, Antonio, and I were in the water, jumping the waves and what not. It was fun for a while until this huge wave literally knocked us out and we lost our hats, which we later found because Antonio freaked out and thought it was like a shark or something, but luckily for Samantha it was her hat.
4. Bird Poop on my Hair – Taking photos at the beach is always essential, and while Samantha and I were taking photos, a flock of birds flew above us and something landed on my hair and leg. I freaked out because I didn’t know what it was. I was confused because it looked like sand but I was pretty sure it had to be bird poop. As Samantha was checking my hair, Daniel got caught kicking sand into the sky, so I lucked out, as it wasn’t bird poop.
5. Dead Bird – Daytona is a beach where you can drive through it, and as we were leaving there I jokingly said “OMG I think the car in front of us just hit that bird”, its sad because the bird was actually dead, it was facedown in the sand.